7:00 PM: Meeting was called to order
7:05 PM: Minutes approved by Terri Lang and Seconded by Patricia Calore
• Kimberly Lisack is now Chair of the SRHC
• 2012 Annual events. We will be joining forces with The Taste of South Riding Event to promote the South Riding Clubs. The event will take place April 17th. Wendy said they would give us half the building as a venue. This would in turn benefit both goals by widening the draw to the event. (Neighbors Helping Neighbors)
• Terri Lange is going to prepare an article for the April Issue to promote the the feature of the clubs at the Taste of South Riding.
• We discussed the Fall event. Kimberly will contact Kevin Turner to find out information on the 501C laws in regards to us hosting a food drive table at either the Spooktacular event or the International Beerfest in October. We need to know the parameters that we can work in. There was a little discussion on possibly brining in the girl and boy scouts to help with the event. We were thinking of calling the event the “ Community Connections Campaign”.
• Kathryn is going to contact her graphics designer and see if we can come up with a less expensive design for the event by basically working off of our SRHC logo. Instead of the hand holding homes maybe it could be holding people holding hands.
• An addition to the block party reimbursement form would be for the participants to include pictures of the neighborhood gatherings. This could help encourage and promote the Neighborhood Gatherings. Going to ask Kevin if we need to include a disclosure form for submitted photos.
• Next meeting will be May 28, 2012
8:00 PM: Meeting Adjournment