Life is always better when you TRI! A South Riding favorite that focuses on completion rather than competition!
Registration for South Riding Residents is now open and will open to the public on April 1st. SR Residents will have to enter an invitation code to register prior to April 1st.
Email email@example.com your name and address or call 703-327-4390 for the code.
Nothing compares to the feeling of accomplishment when crossing the finish line! Stay motivated to be fit by being a South Riding Triathlon participant. Whether you are training to swim, bike, and run your way through your first TRI or you are a seasoned Triathlete, this race is sure to challenge athletes at all levels.
The race consists of a 400M Pool swim, 12mi Bike, and 5k Run.
See the Bike and Run course maps HERE
All participants will receive a t-shirt and a finisher medal. Awards will be given to the top 3 males and females in each age category.
To maximize your swim, bike and run be sure to attend our Tri-training clinics begininning in May, schedule will be posted soon.
2013 South Riding Triathlon Training Schedule
RSVP’s needed to participate!
Clinics take place at South Riding Center 42420 Unicorn Drive
Wednesday, May 8: 7pm @ SRC- Intro to Triathlons – Free
• Curious about the SR Triathlon but don’t know what or who to ask? Come to Intro to Triathlons and get the scoop on this great sport that incorporates three! We’re here to answer all your questions from can a couch potato participate to what’s a transition?
Wednesday, May 22: 7pm @ SRC- TRI Training Plan- $15
• We all know how to juggle work, family and our social lives but how does one juggle all that PLUS train for a triathlon? This Periodization clinic will give you the framework to fit training for all three sports in to your busy life. Once you know how to do it, all you have left is to get it done.
Wednesday, June 5: 7pm @ SRC- Bike-o-rama (Bike Fitting, handling and maintenance) - $15
• Been a while since you were on a bike but determined to Tri? This Bike-O-Rama clinic will insure that you have the proper fit to your bike; give you coaching on handling, safety, road rules and basic maintenance from proper tire inflation to fixing a flat. Perfect for the novice and excellent refresher for the experienced rider. What’s needed? Bike, HELMET, bike shoes, extra tire tube and water!
Sunday, June 9: 9am @ SRC Pool- Swim Time trials- Free: 10am- Swim Clinic- $15
• SWIM TIME TRIALS – this is a MUST DO unless you can produce a time from a previous race of the same swim distance. To insure a smooth start to the triathlon, swimmers go in the water according to their swim times. This is also the BEST way to experience what the swim will be like on race day.
• SWIM CLINIC – Of the three sports most people are least confident in their swim. This clinic will give all levels of swimmers the skills to improve their stroke. Tips on form, breathing, and turns are just a few of the things that will be coached. We also cover pool etiquette and race day strategies. What’s needed? Swim/tri suit, swim cap, goggles, towel and water.
Wednesday, June 26: 7pm @ SRC Parking Lot – Run Clinic- $15
• The last leg of the tri is the run! Let us help you cross that finish line with a smile and feeling great! This clinic will help you with your running form, pace and training strategies to have you race ready! What’s needed? Running shoes and water.
Sunday, July 7: 9am @ SRC Pool- Swim Time trials- Free :10am- Swim Clinic- $15
Tuesday, July 16: 7pm @ SRC Pool/Parking lot- Transition Clinic $15
• If you question what is a transition? Where do I dry off before I ride my bike? Or where do I change clothes? This is a clinic made for you! The transition clinic walks you through the spaces between the swim, bike and run. It’s often called the 4th leg of the triathlon! Be prepared to swim, bike and run! This is easily the most valuable clinic for athletes. Even the pros practice transitions! Bring swim, bike and run gear as you will ‘run’ through them all! Always bring water! (HELMETS are a must!)
Sunday, July 21: 9am @ SRC Pool- Swim Time trials- Free: 10am- Swim Clinic- $15
Wednesday, July 24: 7pm @ SRC Parking Lot Bike Handling- $15
• It’s one thing to practice riding around your block or the route you ride with the kids. This clinic takes you turn for turn on the SR Tri bike course. You will be coached on turns, safety, strategy, speed, and more. What is needed? Bike, HELMET, water and shoes.
Monday, August 5: 7pm @ SRC Pool- Swim Time trials- Free
Sunday, August 18: 9am @ SRC Pool- Swim Time trials- Free
• 10am Triathlon Dry Run @ SRC Pool- $15- Practice the whole thing! After taking part in the swim trials, hop on your bike for a guided trial of the full bike course. Then head to the trail for the run. Bring everything you would need as if this was the real thing.
Monday, August 19: 7pm @ SRC Pool- Swim Time trials- Free
Wednesday, August 21: 7pm @ SRC Pool/Parking lot- Transition Clinic- $15
Thursday, August 22: 5pm-8pm- Packet Pick up
Also at Packet Pick Up, browse our ASK ME Tables for all the answers to your last minute Tri questions! We will have experienced Triathletes on hand to discuss race nutrition, swim rules, bike drafting and rules, transition and more! Also stop by our sponsor tables and the SR TRI shop! What to bring? Your DRIVER’S ID.
Saturday, August 24: 9am-12pm- Packet Pick Up
Subscribe to the South Riding Events email list HERE.Subscribe to the Volunteer list HERE.
Virginia Paving Company