Website & Technology Committee Meeting October 11

Website & Technology Committee

Meeting Date:  October 11, 2011 at Town Hall

Committee Member Attendees:   Gary Smith, Pat Himes, Michael Hardin, Richard Doyle, and Chandrashekhar Guddimath

SRP and Board Representatives:  Liaison Ted Lange, Jeff Salmon, Wendy Taylor, and Lisa Pitarque.

Chair Gary Smith called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.

Resident Comment - None

Website Update – Pete Karabetis from Vim Interactive provided an online demo of website redesign progress.

Online voting capabilities were discussed, including security levels.  Wendy will follow up with Pete regarding online voting requirements.

Vim will provide an update on anticipated launch next week.  Will work with Lisa regarding the integration of the online magazine code and Jonathan Finch regarding the SIMS integration.

Website Hosting – Vim will send Lisa hosting requirements for the new website and Lisa will solicit three bids

Approve Minutes – Pat Himes moved that the minutes of the September 13, 2011 meeting be approved as presented.  The motion was seconded by Richard Doyle and passed unanimously.

Board Update - Ted Lange provided an update on recent Board actions

F1/IT Update – The committee discussed the following items:

  • F1 Barracuda report from October 1
  • Update on status of the backup software
  • New server room – equipment and installation
  • New website map (Ben Simon)
  • Recent website hack and steps taken to rectify

F1 sent an email requested information with regard to several IT items; Lisa will respond to the email:

  • Wireless equipment/issues at pools and South Riding Center – Will request F1 to install repeaters at SRC so that wireless is available throughout the entire building.
  • Relay that a decision regarding offsite (cloud) data storage will be deferred until next year.
  • Constant Contact is not necessary now that the current exchange server handles the size of our distribution lists.
  • We will send web hosting requirements out for bid as soon as possible.

New Business

Adjourn - There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 8:45 p.m.

The next meeting will be held on November 15, 2011 at the Town Hall at 7:00 p.m.