Website & Technology Meeting Mar 20

Website & Technology Committee

Meeting Minutes
March 20, 2012

Meeting Date:  March 20, 2012 at Town Hall

Committee Member Attendees:   Gary Smith, Pat Himes, Mike Kapetanovic, and Michael Hardin.

SRP and Board Representatives:  Jeff Salmon, Wendy Taylor, Lisa Pitarque, and Christine Bean.

Guests:  Kyle Shrauger (F1), Brian Sesso (resident)

Chair Gary Smith called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.

Resident Comment - None

Approve Minutes – Pat Himes moved that the minutes of the February 21, 2012 meeting be approved as presented.  The motion was seconded by Mike Hardin and passed unanimously.

Board Update – Jeff Salmon provided information from the Board’s March 1, 2012 regarding the approved communications plan for the document amendment and the approval of an electronic voting vendor.

F1 - Executive Report: – Kyle distributed a March 19, 2012 executive report and a Barracuda spam report for the month of February.  F1 is implementing a new remote agent to compile equipment/IT reports (Labtech).  Excepted to open April 7th, staff should be able to log into the web portal and pull reports on demand.

Lisa mentioned an increase in the number of spam emails.  Kyle will look into it and we should ask all staff if they are experiencing an increase in spam.

F1 Work Orders/SOW - Open tickets discussed:

Est. 2576 – Wifi at SRC main building.  The committee is interested in less expensive equipment alternatives.  Kyle will check back with the committee for an update.

Est. 2751 – NETBOTZ room monitor for server room.  The committee felt this equipment isn’t necessary for this type of room but would like the installation of an environment sensor.

Est. 2688 – Exchange server replacement.  SRP is currently leasing F1 equipment and needs to consider purchasing new equipment.  Discussion tabled until April meeting.

Est. 2711 – UPS for workstations.  9 work stations currently don’t have UPS backup and F1 proposed to install on these remaining work stations.  Committee will research the hardware costs and provide information to Wendy Taylor.

Est. 2612 (revised) – Rack mounted power surge/APC Base Rack 20 amp.  Original estimate provided quote for a 15 amp product.  After discussion, the committee decided to ask F1 to provide a quote for two 15 amp units with multiple outlets. Gary Smith will sign off on the new F1 quote if acceptable in order to expedite this installation.

Server Rack Rails - Rack rails were discussed.  Mike Hardin asked Kyle if F1 would waive the installation fee with regard to the server rack rails SRP ordered.

Offsite storage – Kyle asked the committee for a decision regarding offsite back up storage.

Email – the committee discussed the possibility of using Google for the South Riding email accounts instead of purchasing a new server and felt the cost savings could be significant.  Staff will research the Google email costs and provide the information to the committee at its April meeting.

Website Migration – Wendy provided information regarding her discussions with VIM about the website content migration and the tasks involved, what needs to be brought over to the new site  and archived information.  Onsite training is scheduled for April 16 and the launch is set for April 17th.

Migration of data is to be completed by March 29th and at that time Lisa will provide the committee with access so they may begin testing.

Security patches – The committee asked Lisa to email Kyle regarding the patches being run on the switches, qnaps and firewall.

Adjourn - There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 8:30 p.m.

The next meeting will be held on April 10, 2012 at the Town Hall at 7:00 p.m.