Website & Technology Apr 10

Website & Technology Committee

Meeting Minutes
April 10, 2012

Meeting Date:  April 10, 2012 at Town Hall

Committee Member Attendees:   Gary Smith, Pat Himes, Mike Kapetanovic, and Michael Hardin.

SRP and Board Representatives:  Ted Lange, Wendy Taylor, Lisa Pitarque, and Christine Bean.

Guests:  Kyle Shrauger (F1)

Chair Gary Smith called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.

Resident Comment - None

Approve Minutes – Mike Hardin moved that the minutes of the March 20, 2012 meeting be approved as presented.  The motion was seconded by Pat Himes and passed unanimously.

F1 - Executive Report: – Kyle discussed F1’s new ticket portal; staff will be able to log into the web portal and pull reports and submitted tickets on demand.

Kyle provided an Executive Report dated April 10, 2012.   Mike Hardin had a question regarding the release of security patches.  Kyle will check.

Lisa continues to have a large number of spam emails.  She will submit a list of ‘words’ so that Barracuda filters can be update.

Wifi Discussion – the Committee would like to resolve the wifi issue at SRCenter (F1 Estimate 2576).  In light of the proposed gym under consideration on the building’s lower level (which will require certain security features), the building’s wifi access will be revisited at the time the gym’s IT needs are addressed.

Exchange server replacement (F1 estimate 2688) – SRP is currently leasing F1 equipment and needs to consider purchasing new equipment.  Kyle suggested HP equipment.  Options discussed were a small business server and domain controllers. Kyle will have exchange server options at the Committee’s May meeting.

Document Manager – The Committee discussed the document management system currently in place at Town Hall.  Canon software is not compatible with upgraded office workstations and access to scanned documents is limited. 

Kyle and Christine are currently working on a solution.  The first step needs to be to define the requirement and look into different vendors; decision needs to be made between DMS or file structure.  Kyle will look into and have an option at the May meeting and possibly set up vendor demos


Email Distribution Lists – All ‘southriding.net’ email accounts need to be consistent and a policy needs to be in place for creating and linking emails to other email accounts.  Example:  what personal email account should tlange@southriding.net be redirected to?  Board of Directors need to discuss and determine.

Google Email – the use of Google as an email provider was discussed as a possible option in lieu of purchasing a new exchange and its related maintenance costs.  We could potentially keep the management interface (southriding.net).   Lisa will provide Google email information at the May meeting.

Adjourn - There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 8:35 p.m.

The next meeting will be held on May 8, 2012 at the Town Hall at 7:00 p.m.