Christmas Tree Curbside Pick Up
- Republic Services will have two curbside pick-up dates to collect your Christmas trees for recycling on Monday, January 3rd & January 10th. Place your tree at the curb with all the trimmings removed. Trees in excess of 8 feet in length need to be cut in half in order to be removed by our crews. After Monday, January 10th, trees will be removed with regular trash pick-up.
Christmas Tree Recycling – Drop Off
- Drop off your Christmas trees for recycling at the Loudoun County collection dumpster located behind Town Hall (parking lot next to tennis courts) now through January 20, 2022.
- Each year, Loudoun County collects Christmas trees and processes the recycled trees into mulch which is then available free to Loudoun residents.
- The County’s Christmas Tree Recycling Drop-Off Program is a public service for residents only. Netting, rope, and tags must be removed prior to recycling. Visit www.loudoun.gov/landfill for more information, or call 703-771-5500.
Christmas Tree Recycling Do’s & Don’ts
- Remove all decorations from trees.
- Remove lighting.
- Remove all twine, metal or plastic ties and string.
- Remove stands and bases from trees.
- Don’t put tree in plastic “Christmas Tree Disposal Bags.”
- No artificial trees.
- No wreaths.