Christmas Tree Curbside Pick Up
- Republic Services will have two curbside pick-up dates to collect your Christmas trees for recycling on Monday, December 28th and January 4th. Place your tree at the curb with all the trimmings removed. Trees in excess of 8 feet in length need to be cut in half in order to be removed by our crews. After Monday, January 4th, trees will be removed with regular trash pick-up.
Christmas Tree Recycling – Drop Off
- Drop off your Christmas trees for recycling at the Loudoun County collection dumpster located behind Town Hall (parking lot next to tennis courts) from December 26, 2020 through January 20, 2021.
- Each year, Loudoun County collects Christmas trees and processes the recycled trees into mulch which is then available free to Loudoun residents.
- The County’s Christmas Tree Recycling Drop-Off Program is a public service for residents only. Netting, rope, and tags must be removed prior to recycling. Visit www.loudoun.gov/landfill for more information, or call 703-771-5500.
Christmas Tree Recycling Do’s & Don’ts
- Remove all decorations from trees.
- Remove lighting.
- Remove all twine, metal or plastic ties and string.
- Remove stands and bases from trees.
- Don’t put tree in plastic “Christmas Tree Disposal Bags.”
- No artificial trees.
- No wreaths.