As an added service to our South Riding residents we provide notary services at Town Hall, 43055 Center Street.
Have a large document of more than 5 pages? – To allow a staff member to be ready and available to notarize large documents, we ask that you make an appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Virginia notaries are not authorized to certify birth, death, marriage, or divorce certificates (copies or originals). Only the Division of Vital Records/Statistics may perform such a certification. We are also unable to notarize I-9 and Change of Appearance forms.
- All documents must be written in English.
- Witnessing on documents is not provided.
During your visit – Any person that will be signing the documentation must be present, and the forms must be signed in front of the Notary Public. Photo identification must be provided by all signers. If the documents require witnesses you must bring them with you as we do not provide the witnessing just the notary.
Notary service cost: The first two pages are free of charge. Each additional page is $2 per page. Forms of payment accepted include cash, credit cards and personal checks.
Alternative Notary Service Providers
- Loudoun County Public Libraries
- Loudoun County Clerk’s Office
- Your local bank (usually they require that you have an account with them)